Other Support & Advice
NEW: Young people or the adults that support them can contact us on Messenger to get informal support and advice from one of our trained professionals.
Chat with us on Messenger at m.me/YiSMentalHealth
Someone to Talk to Now
- Childline - 0800 1111 (always open, website includes online counselling)
- Crisis Text Line - Text HOME to 85258 for a trained Crisis Counselor 24/7*.
- Hopeline UK - 0800 068 41 41 (if you are having suicidal thoughts)
- Kooth - Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people Monday-Friday Noon-10pm and Saturday/Sunday 6-10pm
- Mermaids - Supporting transgender youth, their families and professionals working with them. 9am-9pm
- The Samaritans - 116 123 / email@example.com (always open)
- Shout - Text SHOUT to 85258 24/7 free text service for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere*
- Young Minds Crisis Messenger - Text YM to 8525 for free, 24/7 crisis support*
- Young Minds Parents Helpline - 0808 802 5544 (Mon-Fri from 9:30-4pm)
*Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus. Other providers may charge.
NHS Mental Health Services
- MK Urgent Care Team / ASTI For anyone experiencing severe and/or enduring mental health difficulties or who are having a mental health crisis. Self and professional referrals accepted. You can call them on 01908 725099 or visit their website for details.
- CAHMS Milton Keynes Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service is a free service for children and young people up to 18 years old. Referrals can be made by professionals and young people who can self-refer, providing they live in the geographical catchment area. A telephone referrals and advice line is available Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm on 01908 724228. Visit their website for further details.
- Milton Keynes Talking Therapies (IAPT) Service Providing free access to talking therapies and mental health care in Milton Keynes. Must be over 18 and registered with a GP in Milton Keynes. Visit mktalkingtherapies.nhs.uk for more details.
Other Counselling Services in Milton Keynes
- Mind BLMK offer counselling at their Milton Keynes Wellbeing Centre to people aged 16+. Costs are £40 per session and you need to complete an online referral.
- Relate Milton Keynes are based in Wolverton and provide children and young people's counselling as well as family counselling for a reasonable fee. Visit their website or call them on 01908 310 010.
- SAASS (Sexual Assault and Abuse Support Service) provides support, counselling and advice for people aged 16+ who have been affected by sexual assault or abuse (formerly Aylesbury Vale and Milton Keynes Rape Crisis). Telephone 01296 392468 or 01908 201971.
- Victims First offer FREE and confidential counselling for victims of crime even if it has gone unreported, this includes victims of sexual abuse, rape, hate crime, domestic violence, etc. More info on their website.
- West Bletchley WellBeing and Counselling Service is a free service for people aged 18 and over with proof of a West Bletchley Council postcode. You can visit their website or call them on for more details.
You can also use BACP's Find a Therapist website to search for a wide range of other counsellors and services in and around the city.
You can also find a list of local counsellors and organisations at the Counselling Directory.
If you would like your service added here, please let us know.